Thread: Your network settings have been changed by another app

Your network settings have been changed by another app

There are some issue going on my System and i am unable to find the solution of the same. Whenever i try to open the Network control i get the following error "Your network settings have been changed by another app". Every time i click on pop up i get the same error again and again so help to correct the problem that i facing. A help may be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Your network settings have been changed by another app

Just do the same as i am about to explain for working of the issue that you are facing with your system. Go to the Preferences and then to the Network Now pull the location menu. Now click on Edit Locations. After that delete all the location. After performing the same you might get rid of the Error that your are getting before for accessing the network control.

Hey if you are getting the error as you have said above then you have to delete some files from the System configuration. Just Go to the library and the to the preference and finally delete the below given file from the same.
    1. com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    2. NetworkInterfaces.plist
    3. preferences.plist
    4. com.apple.nat.plist

Now restart the system and you will be able to perform the network task

Thanks for the quick reply of the issue that i have asked. I have tried to delete the same that you have told me to perform but the problem is that i am unable to do so as it is owned and need password and user name. So i am little worried about the deletion of the same. So help with the issue too. Waiting for reply.

There is no need to worry about the deletion of the file that i have suggested you to delete. But if you are worried the copy the file to desktop and then delete the same from the System Configuration and provide the user name and password if prompt for the same as there is no harm with the deletion of the same. This will resolve your issue.