Thread: How to take backup before upgrading Mac OS X 10.4?

How to take backup before upgrading Mac OS X 10.4?

Hi there, I am having a query about the back up in the Mac OS. I have purchased the Leopard and suggested to take back up of the system before downloading the same. But i don't know How to take backup before upgrading Mac OS X 10.4? So i came here to take the suggestion for the same. Please help me to find the solution of the same. Thank you

Re: How to take backup before upgrading Mac OS X 10.4?

You can take the back up to the iDisk of your Mac computer. Just Click on the Finder and then to the Go menu. Now click on iDisk and then choose the my iDisk and take the back up of your system but before that make sure that you delete the old back up from the hard drive. After that only take the back up. You can get the full back up with the same.

"Apple Backup 3.1.2" is a utility tool that make the complete backup of the system to iDisk. This tools are developed to work with the backing up the the Mac OS. So if you are looking for the back of the same then you can give a try to this software. You can download this software from the link given below. I hope that you will like it. Say thanks if you like the same.
    Apple Backup 3.1.2

There is another utility tools that will take the back up of the Mac OS X to the external hard drive and is know as the "Time MACHINE" which is an Apple back up utility. If you are using the Time Machine tools then you should make sure that you have connected the external hard drive with lots of storage. If you need to download the same then you can check out the link given below.
    Time Machine

Precious photo memories, favorite music, family movies, important documents - protecting your valuable files against accidental data loss grows ever more important in our new digital age. With Backup 3, protection is easy to set up and schedule so backups can happen automatically, without your constant attention. Built-in Tiger Spotlight makes it easy to select exactly the files you want to back up. To know more about the same visit Apple

Thanks to all for your great help regarding the taking back up of the Mac OS X that i have been looking for. The quick help provided by you is appreciated. I have used the Time machine and liked it because i don't want to take the backup in iDisk and the one which i have used is create the backup in external hard drive. So if any one else want to take back up then he can go with the same.