Thread: MacBook crashed while pressing power button

MacBook crashed while pressing power button

I am having one issue that i need to solve and that is with the MacBook. MacBook crashed while pressing power button and don't know why this is happening with my device. Is it possible that the computer got crash when press the power button. Actually while the MacBook is running at that time i have press the power button and the same got crashed so help me with the solution of the same.

Re: MacBook crashed while pressing power button

In my knowledge it is not possible to that a system got crash while pressing the power button. But this can be possible the system is writing the data to the hard drive and that you have press the power button and the data which is writing got corrupted so the system got crashed but this happens very rarely. Thats all i know about this issue.

If you are running your operating system with the Fat32 format then it could be possible to crash the system while pressing the power button. AS these day most of the people are using the NTFS because it is more stable then the FAT32. But still i am not sure about the problem of yours as did not get this issue as i am doing the forced shut down most of the time.

I am having the same issue with the MacBook Air that got crash when i have pressed the button and i have tried lots of think but nothing works for me. S finally i have called the Apple for the same and they repaired my system. So i am suggesting you the same might help as i have got the solution. I hope you like this. Say thanks if you like the same.

Dr. V Guest

If you have got the system crash then it is possible that the OS got corrupted as it has been seen that the power shut down leads to the malfunction in the start up of computer again. Did you tried the Safe Boot. try to boot the device in Safe mode and do the system restore to the previous date and see that it help you or not.

If your system got crashed then there is no other way then to reinstall it on your computer. If your worried about the data of your hard dive then take the hard drive to apple shop and take the complete back up of the same. And then install the fresh copy of the operating system to your device. It help you and beware of not using shut down next time from the power button.