Thread: Qt installation on ubuntu OS

Qt installation on ubuntu OS

I am aware about the Qt and what is the use of this tool and how it would be used in my computer.I never heard about this tool.One of the friend of mine is talking about this topic but unfortunately He also doesn't have much knowledge and as a beginner.I need know the purpose of this tool and how it would be used on my system.

I am using ubuntu and windows xp as a dual boot and I like much to use ubuntu and the windows is for another purpose.

Qt on ubuntu OS

Qt which is also called as cute provides a cross-platform application development framework popular framework used to development the GUI application.It is also used to develop the non-GUI applications like console tools and servers.
    Qt is most probably used in Google Earth, KDE, Opera, OPIE, VoxOx, Skype, VLC media player and VirtualBox development.

Qt supports the standard C++ but also uses the C pre-processor to enrich the language.It is compatible with all popular platforms and has rich support of internationalization .If we will talk about the Non-GUI features category the it includes SQL database access, XML parsing, thread management and a unified cross-platform for file handling.

Qt installation on ubuntu OS

To install the Qt on Ubuntu,you need to follow some guidelines -

1- On the Ubuntu operating environment,Go to Add or remove programs.
    2- Move to the search field and type Qt .
    3- Choose the Qt creator in the list,I got two videos on the youtube which was very helpful for me to know about the Qt creator.

4- Qt 4 Assistant
    5- Qt 4 Designer
    6- Choose the Qt 4 Linguist if you need to translate into your mother language.
    7- Now click on the Apply Changes button to confirm the installation.

Qt demo on ubuntu OS

Qt demo on ubuntu OS

You can watch the demo of the Qt development environment.there are so many ways on different platforms.

It guides the user to expand the examples and demonstrations included with Qt.you can see the demonstration using the terminal command on ubuntu-

Code:
    qtdemo
    different platform have different procedure to know the configurations and settings demo for the Qt development .

Qt demo environment on different platforms

There are different procedure to use and accessing the Qt development on different platforms.

For Windows - To watch the demo on windows platform,click on Start button => open the Programs submenu => open the Qt 4 submenu and click Examples and Demos.

For Unix or Linux- The icon can also be displayed on desktop as qtdemo icon or may be in the desktop start menu within the Programming or Development submenus. you also can use the qtdemo command to see the development demo.

For Mac OS X, Browse the Developer=>Applications=>Qt folder in the Finder tool and make double click on qtdemo.app icon.