Thread: Bootcamp Can't find OS

Bootcamp Can't find OS

I am under OSX. I had install Windows XP via Bootcamp to find some Microsoft proprietary software . I burned the ISO to a blank DVD and I asked Bootcamp to install the software. The computer restarts . So far so good ... Then a screen appears, type MSDOS with the following message: "No bootable device, etc." probably due to the fact that my ISO is simply not bootable. Each time the computer boots, it displays the message "No bootable device "

Thank you in advance for any proposed solution.
    "I'd rather be riding my bike thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my bike"

Re: Bootcamp:Can not find OS

You need to maintain "ctrl" at boot, or "X" or "command + option + shift + delete" ... while booting via bootcamp. '

See if it works for you, i think you have to remove bootcamp since looking your system doesn't supports it very well.

Try to keep pressing alt instead of control at startup. I had a problem somewhat similar, a faulty installation of windows, my mac booting tt time on cd of winXP, to display an error message. Try to start by holding the eject button pressed, for me it worked.

I had exactly the same worries just now wanting to install windaube to play a little I have managed to boot on OS X without worries because I knew the command alt brief

The fact is that I'd like to play a little tap on windaube and that the installation does not work ....Who has an idea??

Using Windows via Boot Camp with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

To use Boot Camp, you need:
    1. An Intel-based Macintosh computer with a built-in or USB keyboard and a built-in trackpad or USB mouse.
    2. Mac OS X 10.5 or later
    3. The latest firmware updates available for your Intel-based Mac.
    4. At least 10 GB of free space on your startup disk (single partition).
    5. A full, single-disc version of Windows Vista, Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later. Boot Camp does not include Windows. You must provide your own properly licensed installation disc.
    6. Important: A Windows XP installation disc must include Service Pack 2 (SP2). You cannot install an earlier version of Windows and upgrade to Windows XP, nor install an earlier version of Windows XP and update it to SP2.
    7. Boot Camp Assistant (find it installed in /Applications/Utilities/ on Leopard).

More: Using Windows via Boot Camp with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"