Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 ask for password on startup twice

Operating Systems

Old 27-02-2010

Windows 7 ask for password on startup twice

I have upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7 last month. All was working well till yesterday when my system started asking for the password twice while logging in to the systems. Can you tell me a solution to get rid of this problem. Any help would be appreciated highly in this matter.

Old 27-02-2010

Re: Windows 7 ask for password on startup twice

Most probably this problem seems as if you are entering a wrong password and hence it asks you for the password again for the second time. If this is your problem then i think that you should try to enter the password carefully if you can and then check whether this problem is solved or not. Hopefully this should work.
Old 27-02-2010

Actually i am not getting what you are trying to specify if you are entering the wrong password then by default it will ask for the password again and the windows 7 will repeat this unless and until you enter the correct password or you stop trying to log in. IF possible try to post the problem with some more details.
Old 27-02-2010

Thank you very much for replying. Friends i am getting this password error whenever i login for the first time on my system since because when i login for the second and type the password again it starts working. The problem is when i try to login for the first time the screen flickers and it asks for the password again.
Old 27-02-2010

As far as i know the windows 7 asks for the password only once i think that your system is infected by a virus so it is possible that it have changed your registry files associated to startup. I think if you try to restore the system to a date where all was working fine. Hopefully this will help you to solve your problem.
Old 27-02-2010

Most probably your system files seems to have corrupted for some reason try to restore your system to a point where your system was running smoothly without any sort of error. If the restore does not solve your problem then try to repair the system files using the recovery discs. This should fix your problem for sure.
Old 01-04-2011
stefani

Take it easy, you may solve this problem with SmartKey windows password recovery software.

Google search: SmartKey Windows 7 password Recovery
SmartKey Windows password Recovery 6.0 can safely and easily reset Windows passwords in a matter of minutes in case an administrator's password or user's password is forgotten or lost. Just in a few seconds, the password will be automatically set as blank. Then you can log into Windows with a blankpassword (no password).

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,