Thread: Laptop Wireless switch light is orange instead of being blue on windows vista

Laptop Wireless switch light is orange instead of being blue on windows vista

I am using Windows Vista 32 bit on my laptop. The system looks like working fine. But there is some problem with the wifi here. The laptop h as a wifi connection it it. When I turn it on the light always remain orange. It does not turn to blue. I have a wifi router on which my mobile is also connected and I don't have any issue. My laptop has some problem here. I am able to use internet through lan port.

Re: Laptop Wireless switch light is orange instead of being blue on windows vista

When you turn on your wifi it looks that your laptop is not able to get proper ip settings. Due to which it does not show you active connection. You will have to go in the router page and see whether dhcp is enabled or not. If not then turn it on. The second thing you can do is add the IP address manually. This also fixes this kind of issue. You can verify the IP details later by typing ipconfig /all in cmd.

Re: Laptop Wireless switch light is orange instead of being blue on windows vista

I was having the same issue in HP laptop. The light on that does not turn on when I am trying to use wifi. The connection always says that it is initializing. There was problem with the wifi hardware. I had tried updating the drivers which did not worked well. I was able to use through lan port. Now in my new laptop the same thing works really well. So this is a hardware fault.

Go in Device Manager. Right click on My Computer and click on Manage. Then click on Device Manager. See the wifi driver is installed or not. Is there any kind of warning sign on the hardware. If yes then you have to simply re-install that. you can find the latest drivers by visiting ising the manufacturer's website. Just update drivers once and check back.

I am using a third party driver updater tool. This makes the job of driver updating very simple. It happens that we don't update our system driver for long time. So this kind of hardware problem appears. You can simply get rid of the same when you have a tool that can automatically update everything. You can try using Driver Booster for that. Just install and scan your system.

If you are unable to connect through windows then just for testing purpose you can try using a third party software. There are many wifi testing software available which are easy to use and they can help you to enable wifi. If that also fail to work then it simply means you are having a serious wifi problem in your pc. You have to carry the same to service center to get it fixed.