Thread: how to restart windows services in windows 7

how to restart windows services in windows 7

My dell desktop is installed with windows 7 operating system. I am having a service application which is built in C#.NET. Which i want to restart my winservice with another application any one familiar how to go about it. I would like to know the procedure to achieve this as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: how to restart windows services in windows 7

The procedure to restart the windows services in windows 7 is very musch simple you simply need to run the "net stop <name _of _the _service>" if you want to stop a service and the "net start <name _of _the _service>" which you want to start the classes to natively start/stop services is already included in the .Net Framework.

If you want to restart the windows services in windows 7 then try the steps which i have mentioned below this must help you for sure:

1. First of all you have to stop the service using Run "net stop <service-name>"
    2. and then simply restart the service again using the Run "net start <service-name>"

Hope this would have solved your problem.

Thanks a lot for taking the initiative to reply me but i am still not able to start the desired windows service with the methods you both suggested above although the user controls are on in my windows 7. But anyway it works just fine with windows XP . If you have any other idea then please help me soon.

Dr. V Guest

Are you sure enough about the User Access control turned on. and also be sure that you have standard user rights and under the windows XP. i think you are using the administrator account so it is advisable to change the requestedExecutionLevel entry inside the manifest of your application to requireAdministrator. accept the UAC prompt as soon as you start the application in order to start and stop the application.

The easiest way to achieve this is using the taskscheduler for starting the application with the administrtators right

1 Start the computer management MMC
    2 Then simply open the Task scheduler Library and right click it and select new folder rename it as mytasks.
    3 Now Right click mytasks and the select create task. and name the task as task1 (or whatever you wish).Remember to and mark the checkbox ''Run with highest priviligies''
    4 Now select the actions tab and then select the program you want to run and click OK to create the task
    5 You can create a new task shortcut on the desktop and then type the following command
    "C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "mytasks\task1"