Thread: Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7

Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7

I have recently upgraded the operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7. After upgradation I am having a problem in my system with a particular file. The situation is that Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7. The file contains the script that is given as follows and it used to run without any problems in Windows XP:
    • set sqlDB=%2
    • set sshFile=ssh_%1
    • ssh depstdetails"/home/deployment/bin/ssh_dump.sh %1"
    • scp depstdetails/home/deployment/w...shFile%.sql.gz
    • 7z x %sshFile%.sql.gz

The first 3 steps executes, but when it comes to the 4th step, the execution stops. Please help with possible solutions.

Re: Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7

The problem that the Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7 may be an incompatibility issue that the file has with the operating system. Many of the applications and programs that used to run fine in the previous versions of the Windows operating systems are seen to give problems in Windows 7. Because of this, it is advised to quit installation or upgradation to Windows 7.

The Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7 means that there may be some problem with the particular file. These batch files work by opening from DOS. They are very fast and hence, their working cannot be viewed. But, to know what is actually happening in the file, it can be run by starting DOS, then going to the directory where it is located. After that, run the particular line from the command line that is not working.

I think that rather than an incompatibility issue, the Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7 may be because of some security problem. This operating system has many security settings and it is possible that it may be blocking the particular file from being executed. So, I suggest you to use the option of "Run as Administrator". This will force this file to execute in your system.

The case that Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7 is just another problem that has been encountered in this operating system. Because of such problems, this operating system has not been rated that good by the users. Also, there are no problems with Windows XP or Windows Vista. That means that is no need for an upgradation of the operating system. It is also been seen that Windows 7 has similar features as Windows Vista.

Dr. V Guest

I think that the problem of the Windows XP batch file is not working in Windows 7 can be solved if you set the operating system in the compatibility mode when the file runs in the operating system. For this, right-click on the icon of the file and select the troubleshoot compatibility option. Here, you can let the system to do the settings or even you can do the same by specifying the problems that the file is having with Windows 7.