Thread: Computer not responding after Windows 7 installation

Computer not responding after Windows 7 installation

Hello people, I am facing this weird problem with my computer after installation of Windows 7 on it. The configuration of my computer is Intel dual core processor 2.6 ghz , 4gb ddr3 ram, ATI radeon 5700 series graphic card. The power supply unit is of 350 watt. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run Windows 7 without any problems but after installation of Windows 7, the computer is continuously getting stuck up. It can happen while I am listening to music or when the computer is kept idle. So if anybody can explain me why Computer is not responding after Windows 7 installation then please let me know the solution.

Re: Computer not responding after Windows 7 installation

The Windows operating system on your computer must not be installed properly due to which the computer is getting stuck up. Operating system of the computer controls all the functions which are performed by the computer. If some of the files of the operating system are missing then the operating system will not work properly. If you have the installation disk of the operating system then insert it in the drive and boot the system from the installation disk. Installer will give different options for the installation of the operating system. Try to repair the operating system and then check if the computer is working properly or not.

There must be lot of processes running in the background which is causing the computer to stop responding. Every process or the application when executed needs some CPU and memory usage. If lot of processes and application are running simultaneously on the computer then lot of processing power would be taken up. If such a situation occurs then the processor will not be able to process some required processes of the operating system which may lead to computer not responding. Therefore go to task manager and check the processes which are running on the computer. Terminate all the unwanted processes and then see if the computer stops responding or not.

I think the system RAM is creating problems in the normal working of the computer. Sometimes if multiple RAM chips are used and if one of them is faulty the computer tends to get stuck up at regular intervals. Open the computer and remove all the RAM chips from the computer. Clean the connecting terminal of the RAM and then replace it back in the slot. Try booting the computer using single RAM chip at a time. If for a particular RAM chip the computer does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty. Check the performance of the computer for all the RAM chips and then discard the faulty RAM chips.

The power supply unit which you are using is not sufficient in providing enough power to all the components which are connected to the computer. If the power supply unit is not able to provide sufficient power to the all the devices then the computer is bound to stop working.Try and upgrade the power supply of the computer to atleast of 600 watts as the GPU and processor which you are using require high power rating. After changing the power supply you will not face the same problem with the computer getting stuck intermittently.

It is possible that the computer which you are using is infected by some virus which is not allowing the computer to work normally. Virus's get downloaded on the computer while visiting some websites or while downloading some data from the internet. Once downloaded in the computer, the virus gets linked with the files of the operating system. If such a situation occurs, then the operating system will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and then check the files which are infected. Quarantine or
    repair the infected files and then check if the computer is freezing or not. Do not delete any files as it may lead to total system failure.