Thread: Windows Error Reporting for crash program

Windows Error Reporting for crash program

Hello friends,

I am facing some issue with my system got crashed, so for that i had created a program in C ++ and had compiled with MinGW (gcc 4.4), and Qt4.6 OpenCV. In that i am getting an error when i am trying to compile it with debug or release. I had try to get a report and here it is

Code:
    Faulting application name: AVOServer.exe Version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b5de4c3
    Faulting module name: libx7snet.dll Version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b5dbd69
    Exception Code: 0xc000001d
    Fault Offset: 0x0000310d
    Faulting process id: 0x142c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca9df1d156e0e2
    Faulting application path: C: \ Users \ Ben \ project \ builds \ CvS400 \ Debug \ bin \ AVOServer.exe
    Faulting module path: C: \ Users \ Ben \ project \ builds \ CvS400 \ Debug \ bin \ libx7snet.dll
    Report Id: 405adc42-11df-09f6-A214-00805a693e8f

My friend if you had run your application and if it has some error then i would suggest you to anlyze it with WinDbg and if you really want to know the line and the function then you should compile your code with g option of gcc, and execute your application from gdb.

Windows Error Reporting

Thank you for replying me if i try to compile it with -g option of gcc, and execute your application from gdb, when i am doing this i am not getting any error with the debugger running because it might happen that the software is working slower as compared to other software.

I know my friend that it's very diffcult to read and find out the reason what was the reason for you program to get crashed, in such kind of case i would suggest you to use Windows Error Reporting where if your monitors fails and collects useful information that can be sent to a server to be analyzed.

I am also facing similar type of issue where my program crashes, it asks if I want to send an error report or not, and it also gives me a link to click here for more information on the data error. When i clicked on a link. Dmp file appears in C: \ Users ... \ Config Local \ Temp \, now the problem is that file can not be copied because it is "used by another process" and if I close this application, the file disappears

In your case i would recommend you to first open the file with CreateFile () by not asking any right and sharing FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE | FILE_SHARE_DELETE. If it works, it should keep the file in existence. After closing the dialog, without closing the previous handle, open the file with at least FILE_SHARE_DELETE of activated, asking the right reading this time.