Thread: can't uninstall Norton Security in Windows 7

can't uninstall Norton Security in Windows 7

I am using the HCL Me Laptop installed with windows 7 operating system. I am using the Norton security antivirus on my system but it seems as Norton Security antivirus is unable to delete the viruses and hence i would like to uninstall the Norton Security but am unable to uninstall Norton Security from windows 7. Please help me to uninstall it.

Re: can't uninstall Norton Security in Windows 7

You have not mentioned the method which you tried to uninstall the Norton Security Antivirus. Hence i would suggest you to uninstall the Norton security antivirus by using the Add/Remove program utility from within the control panel. Also try to find out an uninstaller in the all programs accessories within the Norton security Antivirus.

If you are not able to remove the Norton security antivirus normally the you will have to remove it in the safe mode. You can enter in to the safe mode by simply hitting the F8 Key while rebooting. The Safe mode provides a very good hold on all your programs so use the safe mode and get rid of the Norton Security.

This is quiet a common problem which is troubling you it would be beneficial if you try to find out some tools which may be available for removing the Norton Security Antivirus on the official website. download and Install this program and then try to double click on it for removing the Norton security antivirus application.

I too had this problem sometimes before but i was ablr to fix the problem with the help of the two links which i have mentioned below i think you should also try to use these two links
    1.Uninstall Norton Internet Security
    2.http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/672610.htm
    I hope that you will resolve this issue soon.

Since the Norton security antivirus is not working for you and you are not able to remove this program from your system then i think that you should try to upgrade it first to the latest version. As soon as you finish the upgradation i think that you will be able to remove it. I Think that this will help you to solve this problem