Thread: Clean install or upgradation to Windows 7-which is better

Clean install or upgradation to Windows 7-which is better

Hello friends, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 with 1 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I have decided to install Windows 7 operating system in my computer. So, I am having a query that clean install or upgradation to Windows 7-which is better. Are the system requirements of Windows 7 enough according to my computer configuration. Kindly reply soon.

Re: Clean install or upgradation to Windows 7-which is better

As you are using Windows XP operating system, you do not have a choice like clean install or upgradation to Windows 7. This is because when you want to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, it is a must that you do a clean install. The upgradation of the operating system is not possible. This is the problem faced by many of the users when an upgradation of the operating system is done from Windows XP to Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

I suggest you to install Windows 7 in another drive in your system, that is not the C drive. In this way, the computer will become a dual boot system. This is helpful in many ways. If you get any incompatibility issues in Windows 7, you will just have to restart the system and load into the other operating system, that Windows XP and load the incompatible program or application there. Also, Windows 7 has a very good boot speed.

There is no choice that can be made between the clean install or upgradation to Windows 7. This is because when the users have upgraded the operating system to Windows 7, many types of problems like system being slow, startup of the system very slow, processor using too mush of memory have been encountered by the users. Whereas, the users who have done a clean install are not facing such problems.

The difference between clean install or upgradation to Windows 7 is that when you enable a clean install all the files of the previous operating system are removed and fresh files are fed into the system. But, when an upgradation of the operating system is done, the old files are just replaced or overwritten. So, that may create problems sometimes. So, one has to be careful while doing an upgradation.

Hello there, your system configuration is perfect to install Windows 7 operating system. Here is some additional information provided about the system requirements for Windows 7:

The above threads give you a complete information about the system requirements of Windows 7, so there will be no queries left in your mind about the same topic after you have a look at them.