Thread: Windows 7 only 1GB of RAM recognized

Windows 7 only 1GB of RAM recognized

Hello!

Running with Windows XP for 2 years I have also decided to switch to licensed Windows 7. Everything moved perfectly to share the little cares of bootcamp partition to reformat to install Windows 7.

The only big problem is that I see only 1 GB of RAM available in total! while I have 2GB! I had no trouble with Windows XP recognizing the 2 gb. Is there a solution before I reinstall all my software unnecessarily??

thanks a lot for any help.

Re: Windows 7 only 1GB of RAM recognized

Tell me, how are you doing to see how much RAM it recognizes?

I have 4 GB on my machine and I heard that Windows XP recognized only up to 3 GB, but I do not know how to check.

Quote Originally Posted by JacX View Post
    Tell me, how are you doing to see how much RAM it recognizes?

I have 4 GB on my machine and I heard that Windows XP recognized only up to 3 GB, but I do not know how to check.
    Very simple, On windows you do crtl+alt+del, and it opens the window manager's task automatically, or you have a menu that you propose to do so by clicking the "Task Manager". Then in that window you go to "performance" and you look down just below "physical memory" it is "total".

The total should match your value ram installed normally. And yes Windows xp up to 3GB depending if in 32 or 64 bit I think ...But 3GB is more than enough if you do not have photoshop in HD with all the apps open at the same time but I know it's frustrating!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Dr. V Guest

Whether you have 2 Ram sticks of 1 GB or 1 stick of 2 GB? Its possible the one out of them its not working, or due to bad RAM slot on your motherboard, try to run the system with 1 RAM stick and check f both sticks and Slots are working fine. If slots having trouble then you have to change motherboard but before that try out another OS, and if the RAM has faulty then you need to buy new one.

With one of the new parts in the system, it recognizes the full 1 GB or only 512 MB? If it shows only 512 MB, make sure you have the latest system BIOS. If it shows the full 1GB, please try the same module that has worked in the first place, only in the second slot. If the system does not start with the only memory in the second slot then either you have a bad slot, or that memory is not seated properly.