Thread: Recovery screen flash during startup in Windows 7

Recovery screen flash during startup in Windows 7

I have a Windows 7 in my PC. When I am going to start up I encounter with some problem. When starting up I am shown the installation recovery screen. It doesn’t go ahead and it stays there itself. It completely fails to even automatically repair. I tried using some options like the bootrec.exe to find and restore the installation but to no avail. I know that the data out there is not affected but how should I manually restore it. Please help me out on this.

Re: Recovery screen flash during startup in Windows 7

I had a look at your problem and I feel that you have to run a start up repair in Windows. What the start up repair will do is it’s a Windows 7 system recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files for example the MBR boot file. It might help you in preventing the Windows from starting correctly. So I think that once you do a start up repair you can get rid of the problem. Once you are done with it then you won’t see the installation recovery screen during start up.

I have one more solution which might be helpful to solve your problem. What you need to do is you can boot to the system recovery options in Windows 7. The System Recovery Options menu is present on the Windows 7 installation disc. However if your computer manufacturer has already installed the recovery options then the menu might also be already installed on your hard disk as a recovery partition. You can also try with this option to see if it works or not.

According to me you need to create a windows 7 system repair disc. This will create a Windows 7 system repair disc to boot to the system recovery options if you don't have a Windows installation disc. What you need to do is you need to open the start menu. There in the search line you need to type recdisc.exe and press enter. Then what you need to do is insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the create disc button. It will now start creating the system repair disc. Once it is done click on the close button followed by ok. You just need to follow the steps and once you are finished with it I am sure you can fix your problem.
    Last edited by mv; 04-03-2011 at 07:59 PM.