Thread: Creating duplicate files in mac

Creating duplicate files in mac

I need some command information on creating duplicate files and creating aliases in easy way. This I want to do for multiple files. I had tried to find out the some way for the same. The other thing which I want to know is how to get the path of a file in mac. What is the easiest way. Also post some command for tollbar and menu bar.

Re: Creating duplicate files in mac

You can simply duplicate a file or folder, or generate an alias, while selecting the objective or intention. To do this, drag (pull) the file (or folder) while holding down the alternative key to duplicate, or option + command to generate an alias. This is the easy way to create duplicate file in Mac OS x. This works even on the later versions also.

In the Finder, do control or command + click on the title bar (at the middle click on the title itself) of a window to get the database path where you are. Hit it off on a database in this path, and you are there. If you immediately desire to move up a notch in the hierarchy, think about the shortcut command + up arrow. And check out the correct path.

Dr. V Guest

To get a path you can use the similar trick like + click on title for most submission administration files. Even with Word Works! Domination-click the title bar of a certificate, and you know accurately where it is situated. If you click the first database where the file is originate, not only will you go there, but the file itself is preferred. Further with Safari! Open a web page with a very long address, control + click, and you will have all the addresses between. Ultimately last tip: Control + click on an icon in the Dock also permit you to "prove" in the Finder.

But more fascinating to say in all this is particularly the capability to modify (to some extent) the toolbar, without moving from where you are. Find yourself a pleasant submission with a toolbar, like the Finder. Hold down command and pull an icon from the toolbar. You can see, you can be in motion. And if you leave the window, as with the Dock, it vanishes in a cloud of smoke. The similar thing should be icons for an hour, sound, etc. Situated at the far right of the menu.

In conclusion, remember that the finder, plus some items that you present; you can pull files and databases in the toolbar. You can do this or not passing-by-panel modifications (if you desire to do without, you must keep on file / two seconds on the toolbar, as long as something occurs). Otherwise you will lose your file and data.