Thread: System Restore Keeps Resetting

System Restore Keeps Resetting

Hello,

With windows 7 i'm facing really annoying issues. One of the issue is whenever i want to keep system restore completely turn off so i do settings but suddenly after few days the system restore gets turn off automatically. I don't do it and niether anyone else using this PC except me. Can anyone tell me the reason of windows 7 this behaviors?

Re: System Restore Keeps Resetting

What procedure you are following to disable the system restore? is it registry tweak? some utilities gets turn on by default . it can be happen when you apply default settings in your system. Have you tried with making settings with different account? should be admin account of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebersek View Post
    What procedure you are following to disable the system restore? is it registry tweak? some utilities gets turn on by default . it can be happen when you apply default settings in your system. Have you tried with making settings with different account? should be admin account of course.
    I did following to turn off system restore:

My Computer -> Properties -> ‘System protection’.

Here i did select turn off System Protection.

I have made setting with another admin account but i'll get result in some days because it always resets settings after few days.

Well that's ok, which applications you are using on windows 7? any system related utilities like ccleaner etc? because this utilities also offers settings to turn off system restore and on. By applying settings through them it might be possible you making system restore turn on.

Any security suit you are using? which managing your system activities? it can be happen that your system restore getting enable by some of the application you installed on your system. Seems like it is related to specific malware that "wanted system restore on".