Thread: Windows 7 slow boot up time

Windows 7 slow boot up time

Hello,

Just recently installed the windows 7 in my notebook. Previous i was having windows vista installed on it. The concern is about boot time. Previously on vista my notebook was taking about 30 to 40 seconds for boot up but now on windows 7 this time period is increased to 1 to 1:15 mins. I thought windows 7 is much better than windows vista and fairly it is better than windows vista but not in boot time. What you guys experiencing about the windows 7 boot time? Thanks for any replies here....

Causes of slow windows boot up

There are many causes of slow boot, few are follow:

• The PC does not have enough memory - Add more memory
    • When booting the system is useless programs load into memory - Clean the libraries loaded at startup
    • The disk access does not use the Ultra DMA mode PIO mode unless. - Activate the Ultra DMA hard drive
    • The hard drive is too slow - Install a bigger hard drive performance, Having a best access time, greater speed of rotation (rpm) and a larger cache size to optimize the data transfer.

Improve loading speed by optimizing the boot process

If your computer takes too long to boot, it is possible to improve loading speed by optimizing the boot process.

Microsoft offers a tool called "BootVis" which enables to optimize the loading speed of Microsoft Windows. Search for it on google and download it. To start the optimization, click the menu "Trace" then select "Next boot + Driver". BootVis you to restart your computer. After the reboot, BootVis will automatically run and shows a series of statistics in the form of graphics, computer activities during boot. It is possible to optimize the work done during boot. To do this, click the menu "Trace" and select "Optimize System".

Dr. V Guest

Disabling indexing service in Windows to improve performace

Disabling indexing service

The indexing service is a major consumer of resources.

To disable it:

• Start / Run
    • Type "services.msc" (without quotes)
    • Clicking the right mouse button on "Indexing Service" and select Properties
    • Under "Startup Type" select "Disable"
    • Click Apply, then OK

Perform a clean boot in Windows 7

Perform a clean boot

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • Click Start type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    • On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    • On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

More: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Windows 7 slow booting

Which applications have you installed on windows 7? See if you are having less RAM and and running many application in system then it will slow and if your system doesn't have much applications installed and then also windows 7 is performing slow then you need some hardware upgrade since you system not performing well in windows 7. And i myself know that windows 7 boots slow then all previous windows versions including xp and vista.

Johny22 Guest

Re: Windows 7 slow boot up time

After looking into this further, I've identified the problem to be AVG Anti-Virus software. I had AVG installed on my old PC running Windows XP, and never encountered this problem, leading me to believe that it's simply a mix of AVG, Spotify and Windows 7 that causes the problem.

FIX: In AVG, navigate to tools, advanced settings, resident shield, then exceptions, In here, add an exception for the Spotify path in Program Files.