Thread: Windows 7 desktop Icons rearrange on every boot

Windows 7 desktop Icons rearrange on every boot

Good afternoon to everyone, i'm using windows 7 from last few days, i'm quite new to windows 7 so i don't know many settings in it. The issue is whenever i reboot or start my system the desktop icons gets reset to their default position again and again on every startup. I always sets their position according to my needs but in next boot i have to rearrange again. Does anyone know how to make my change and icons position permanent in windows 7? thank you vey much for any help.

Re: Windows 7 desktop Icons rearrange on every boot

Is it happens with all accounts in system? or just happening with your profile? i'm also using windows 7 but never came across this behaviors. DO one thing, create new account or profile and test this issue with new profile. The user profile issue also can also cause such issue. Reply back if it doesn't works and if works then also reply back .

I'm also using windows 7 but never faced this behavior of windows 7, does anything else also run on startup? like dock or something or any theme customization application? clean the startup from running unnecessary applications and see if it makes any difference to your icons settings.

Hello,

I think you have kept enable the auto arrange option for desktop icons. Confirm this by right clicking on desktop and see if the Auto arrange icon option is checked or not, if its checked then uncheck this option and see if it works for you.

Windows is designed to save the alignments in a valid stop / restart, improper shutdowns, and random glitches can prevent it from doing so. . The only solution is to use a third party utility that manages the position of an icon. Personally, I recommend the application of Stardock , name is Fences, but there are other free and paid options as well.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"