Thread: Windows 7 have two explorer.exe

Windows 7 have two explorer.exe

Hi,

I have a windows 7 ultimate x64 , the problem is my task manager shows me that its running tow explorer.exe and i don't have any programs or applicaitons open that needs 2 explorer.exe to run. I don't know how it lauch two explorer.exe as i end one it happens again on next bootup. and system goes too slow because of this, sometimes freeze and i have to restart it by using power button.

please HELP!

Re: Windows 7 have two explorer.exe

Check the process running in safe mode and check the registry editor if necessary to some malware or unwanted spyware are running. Did you select the option "Launch folder windows in a separate process, if so, the it is the correct behavior.

Can you give some more details about your system? is it happening now only ir eight form the start windows 7 installed on your machine? Any new applications installed ? after which this started happpening? Have you notice any more abnormal tasks in task manager? if possible then post the screenshot of your task manager.

If your system s also slow with it then running chkdsk can resolve this issue, But there could be other reasons. Try running chkdsk on D:

To run chkdsk:

1. Open Windows Explorer (Computer in Vista).
    2. Right-click on the disk you want to check.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the Tools tab.
    5. Under Error Checking, click Check Now.
    6. Make sure Automatically fix file system errors is checked.
    7. Click Start.
    8. You may see a dialog box saying the drive is mounted and asking you if you should try to dismount it. Click Yes.

That might fix the problem.

Run a virus scan. which antivirus you are using? this can be because of some malware infections. Check in startup items removed exlplorer.exe from there of present, I've got only one in the Windows folder. It's strange that you have 2. I'd start with renaming the old one to explorer.old and see what happens. Just a trick see if it works for you.

explorer.exe crashing in windows 7

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"