Thread: Poor performance of Windows 7 on Dell XPS 630i

Poor performance of Windows 7 on Dell XPS 630i

Recently I upgraded the operating system on my Dell XPS630i from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and after operating system upgrade I am not able to use my computer properly. No matter how many times I change the resolution of my computer, it still gives poor performance and the desktop only occupies center part of the screen. The computer freezes intermittently for some time. I am not allowed to transfer any data from the computer. Whenever I try to transfer any data, the system prompts me that I dont have permissions to do following action. I am totally frustrated at the Poor performance of Windows 7 on Dell XPS 630i and need solutions to make things better.

Re: Poor performance of Windows 7 on Dell XPS 630i

I think you are not logging into the administrator account and hence you are not allowed to perform certain operations on the system. Only administrator is has the rights to perform certain tasks on the computer. If logging into the guest account and then trying to transfer the data then I am afraid that it is not possible. Login to the administrator account and then give full permissions to the account which you are using. After giving permissions login to the account and see if you are able to transfer the data or not.

Are you using Beta version or OEM of Windows 7? Earlier releases of Windows 7 operating system had many problems and bugs which were solved later. Therefore if you have installed Beta version of the operating system, then it is bound to create problems while using it. The problems which were encountered with the beta versions were later solved and released in form of patches and updates. Therefore try getting the windows on the computer updated and patched. See if you are still facing the same problems with the operating system or not.

Check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require set of software's to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the system, go to device manager. Highlight the Display adapter and see if there are any caution signs. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then you will have to update the drivers of the computer.

Have you checked the system requirements for Windows 7 operating system before installing? The system requirements of the Windows 7 operating system is very high and hence it is not supported by many of the computer. One should always check the minimum system requirement of the operating system before installing it on the computer. I think the configuration of the computer which you are using is not supporting Windows 7 and hence you are not able to access all the features of Windows 7. The minimum system requirements of Windows 7 can be found out by visiting the official website of Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

By looking at the problems which you have mentioned, I think that the Windows installation on your system is corrupt due to which you are facing multiple problems. Operating system requires lot of files to function properly. If any of the file which is used by the operating system gets corrupt then the operating system will not work properly. If you have the installation disk of Windows 7, then insert it and boot the computer from the disk. Installer will load and will give different options for installation. Either choose to repair the present installation or choose to install fresh copy of Windows 7 operating system. I would suggest you to install fresh copy of Windows 7 as it would replace all the files.