Thread: Voice recognition software for Mac OS X

Voice recognition software for Mac OS X

It's been a while since I want a voice dictation software that works on Mac OS. I can not find, and there I shall really need now.

If anyone would know it a version of Via Voice, or anything else that works on OS 9.1 or Mac OS X? please give me some info about it. I have an old Mac with OS 9.1 and a new Mac with OS X .

Thank you very much!

Re: Voice dictation software for Mac OS X

I'm also interested in voice processing application for mac. Viavoice has been abandoned by IBM, it remains only Dragon Naturally Speaking. On your next Mac you may be able to get it working with Parallels or Bootcamp, so try to keep .... and hope the time the next version of Mac OS integration as a voice recognition system.

speech recognition program for the Apple Macintosh

iListen, developed by MacSpeech , is a speech recognition program for the Apple Macintosh. iListen is the only third party software that allows text input using a voice that works on new Macintosh models. iListen has been discontinued by MacSpeech, being replace by its new speech recognition program, "Dictate" (released February 15, 2008). "Dictate" uses the same speech-recognition engine as Dragon NaturallySpeaking, having licensed it from Nuance.

Source: wikipedia.com

Speechissimo - text-to-speech

Speechissimo, not speech recognition, but the "text-to-speech". Only reads what you copy to the clipboard. The diction is good. Maybe them to move more quickly in INTEGRATION Mac X of their software. I do not know much, but I think most of the work is the development of syntax and punctuation of each language.

TextSpeech Pro - text-to-speech

Quote Originally Posted by Macarenas View Post
    Speechissimo, not speech recognition, but the "text-to-speech". Only reads what you copy to the clipboard. The diction is good. Maybe them to move more quickly in INTEGRATION Mac X of their software. I do not know much, but I think most of the work is the development of syntax and punctuation of each language.
    For test to speech i think better is TextSpeech Pro, i have used it with my mac and it works nice. It converts text from any document (text, Microsoft Word, PDF, Microsoft Excel, RTF, etc) into natural sounding speech. Many more features.