Thread: Unable to boot on second hard drive

Unable to boot on second hard drive

Hi,
    I am in xp home I have two partition the main one being a hard drive 30 gb and I have a secondary hard drive 200GB.

Since yesterday I had like a freeze on my secondary partition forced reeboot and surprise there! When I try to boot on secondary disk on a black background and white writing I have the following message:
    Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected startup disk. Check startup path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. Boot Failed.
    the thing is that even on the primary drive in My Computer I can not access secondary hard disk. And finally I have no valid DVD drive on my pc. So what to do?

Thanks for any help

Re: Unable to boot on second hard drive

You can't access your second hard drive form the first and bootable one? what error message it gives when you try to access it? or its no visible in my computers? By the way which windows operating system you are using? Please give us full details of your system so that we can help you in better way.

If it happens you can't access second HD, have you tried by running CHKDSK command for the partitions of second HD? is seond HD visible in the device manager? Any yellow exclamation mark? i doubt if you need to reformat the second HD again, but that is the last option for you, see if CHKDSK helps?

Refer to following threads, see if they helps you:

Unable to Boot from Hard Disk
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1185758.htm

Hope this helps.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Go to your bios and tell us the name that is displayed for your 2nd HDD and the size detected

If it detects a size of few megabytes is that your DD is good for a referral from manufacturer (if under warranty), this should be your first choice to go with.

The original disk or has been installed the system should never be moved to another sheet and we should never moving his knight. If you get errors boot.

It must be well On one channel (layer) IDE there is your original hard drive.

On the other channel there must test the disc alone (CD DVD or other disconnected. At this point you can start it and see what happens and your PC should boot normally on its disk.

jackportd Guest

Hello,
    I read you problem. First of you have check the BIOS setting. Check you your HDD setting i thing solved your query...