Thread: Startup error status.msi

Startup error status.msi

When I turn on my pc a message that appears is the following:

The feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'status.msi' in the box below.

Dialog comes up and had to a certain clicks on cancel. Any ideas why i'm getting this error on every startup?

Thanks for any response.

Re: Startup error status.msi

Did you install recently anything on your system before this error started coming on startup?

Go to startup and remove the non-required to unidentified items . Do the following

Run->msconfig-> navigate to startup tab and remove non-required entries and restart the system.

Hey,

I did have the same issue and the problem was the HP drivers for my system. I got the support form HP and they said me to remove HP programs and download the recent drivers form HP website for your HP products , i did that and my problem got solved. Hope this will help you to get rid of this issue.

Same issue with me. What I did was completely uninstall the my HP printer software. I then had to reboot. I then got on the HP Web site, concerned support and downloads. I had to enter the exact model of printer to get the correct software Version. After having downloaded and installed, the printer worked normally.

Download this Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. And perform scan with it. If you could tell us what programs are running at startup. To accomplish go to Start, in the text field under All Programs and type in MSCONFIG and then press Enter. And go to startup tab and list the names of programs running in startup.