Thread: Error 0x8000CCC79

Error 0x8000CCC79

Hello,
    I'm facing errors while sending email with my Outlook Express! , I can not send messages, I have the following message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.Server: 'smtp.laposte.net', Protocol: SMTP, Recipient address rejected: Access denied ', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Server Error: 554 , Server Response:554 , Error Number: 0x800CCC79

How to resolve it and what is the reason for it? Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: Error 0x8000CCC79

I'm having exact same issue , But I went to tools, accounts, properties, etc.. I changed in 50 pop 25 pop; after various manipulations, it worked! I went to the site "support microsoft" and found nothing. I hope we will get some suggestions here. Sorry for posting in same thread but i'm having the same issue so i thought why to make duplicates. Thanks anyways

Have you changed anything in the last days? Installed something new? Uninstall something?

The error message you get is fairly generic, and does not really give enough information. It's as if your ISP requires authentication for sending emails. Or maybe not, but you have your account settings set to enable authentication. What I would do is have a look at your account settings at once, and accounts of your wife and see the differences. Ignore differences due to different pop and SMTP servers, just look at settings like "Use authentication when connecting to server" etc. etc.

To resolve this behavior, remove the duplicate mail accounts. To do so, follow these steps:

1. In Outlook Express, on the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2. Click the Mail tab.
    3. Click a duplicate mail account, and then click Remove. Repeat this step until only one instance of the mail account remains.
    4. Click Close.

If the earlier steps do not resolve the behavior, rename the file Outbox.dbx. Note that any items that remain in the Outbox folder in Outlook Express are permanently deleted after you perform the deletion. To do so, follow these steps:
    1. Quit Outlook Express.
    2. Right-click Start, and then click Find or Search.
    3. Search for the Outbox.dbx file.
    4. Right-click the file, click Delete, and then click Yes.
    5. Start Outlook Express, and then try to send the message again.

Your installation is (correctly) configured to relay SMTP connections not from outside your network.

Either configure your system for authenticated SMTP to be able to send or allow the host you are on a relay through rcpthosts. I do not suggest the latter.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain