Thread: Can't wake from Hibernate with the keyboard or mouse

Can't wake from Hibernate with the keyboard or mouse

Hello,

Here is story, i recently changed my motherboard and since i got new motherboard i can't wake up my system from hibernate using keyboard or mouse button press . It was possible with my olde motherboard which was also from ASUS. Now new motherboard is also from ASUS. What could be the reason for it? any settings in XP to be made? because with previous motherboard i was using XP only.

If you know the solution please post it here. Thanks for help.

Re: Can't wake from Hibernate with the keyboard or mouse

Is it really possible?

I'm using hibernate from last 1 year in my windows xp. But i have to press the power button to resume from hibernate. I never came across this thing before. I would also like to know its procedure.

I think there must be some setting in the BIOS. because every motherboard have their own bios settings.

Refer to following threads see if they are related to your query:

Standby/Hibernate Problem - Cannot wake up
    Can't wake from sleep/Hib.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Hello,

Can you post your motherboard model number here? You can checkout the motherboard manually by your self and see if you get any settings for this.i don't have asus motherboard but i can wake-up form hibernate using keyboard and mouse by default since purchase the system. I didn't made any settings , it is enable by default.

Attempt to use the PS2 port (mousx/keyboard) and see if the system wakes. it is possible with PS2 mouse and keyboards, but if you have USB mouse and keyboard then i don't think its possible because If your mouse and keyboard are USB, hybernation may cause these devices to stop working until you restore.

Standby and hibernation. Go to Control Panel -> help and support-> power options to see clearer, Standby simple cutting certain functions of the PC and turned left (RAM / proc few%> SD activity by state configured in the bios and L OS and allow you to reboot with the mouse and keyboard USB -> Quick restore

The setting does hibernation backup files in use cuts the PC completely and allow you to reboot faster than starting from a standstill but all CM can not handle the USB keyboard-> should enable ' USB plug and play' somewhere in the Bios.