Thread: Unable to connect HDD 1

Unable to connect HDD 1

Hello.

I'm trying Parallels Desktop 4 on my Bootcamp partition. If the first launches have taken place without incident, I now have this message that appears on the screen of "bios". "Unable to connect HDD 1" .

And therefore, unable to start.Have you ever had this problem? There's there a known cure?

Thank you.

Re: Unable to connect HDD 1

I would say there is certainly a program that takes the hands on your boot camp partition and prevents parallels to disassemble the proper volume.

If your problem solved then please tell me the solution ? I had exactly the same situation as you with TimeMachine partition on the same disk as the bootcamp

From parallels forum:

• Edit /Users/<user>/Documents/Parallels/<VM Name>.pvm/config.pvs
    • In the <hdd> section, find <SystemName>
    • Change "/dev/disk0" or a similar value to the full path of the disk image in the same directory. In my case it was "/Users/<USER>/Documents/Parallels/My Boot Camp.pvm/FUJITSU MHV2080BH.hdd" E.g to HD file in pvm budle
    • Restart the VM
    • Should be like this : <SystemName>/Users/john/Documents/Parallels/My Boot Camp.pvm/FUJITSU MHV2080BH.hdd</SystemName>

If you have the backup copy on external hard drive made by time machine or manually, try to restore the virtual machine from the backup. If you do not have the backup the virtual machine is lost, but you can still retrieve the data from your virtual hard drive:

Version a:

1. Locate the .pvm bundle of the Virtual Machine > right click and choose "Show package content"
    2. Choose .hdd file > right click > open with Parallels Mounter. Virtual hard drive will be mounted on Finder.
    3. Locate the files you need and copy them to the mac side.

Version b:
    1. Create new virtual machine, install windows there.
    2. In configuration of the new virtual machine go to the configuration editor add the hard drive image of the corrupted virtual machine.
    3. After the start of the new virtual machine, additional hard drive image will appear as additional labeled disk.
    4. Copy all necessary data to disk "C" , untie the hard drive image in configuration of the new virtual machine and trash the .pvm bundle of the corrupted virtual machine.

Source: parallels.com
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

I had the same problem for over a week. I tried everything I saw in the forums without success. I get email technical support within days of recommending something I've already tried. When I reply that I must wait two to three days to get a response back. In the past I have been impressed by the support I received from Parallels, but the support I have received on this issue has been pathetic.