Thread: Upgrading MAC OS X to Snow Leopard

Upgrading MAC OS X to Snow Leopard

Hi,
    I am planning to upgrade my operating system from Mac OS X to Snow Leopard. But I am not sure about this. Luckily my old system is working fine. But the reasons which make a upgrade plan is its compatibility with new printers. I have to add up a new network printer and I had noticed that many users had faced issue in MAC OS X and not in leopard. What are the other more things which can be taken into consideration before update.

Re: Upgrading MAC OS X to Snow Leopard

There are many reasons behind snow leopard upgraded. In my case I had upgrade to save my installation space. Because I have a less amount of hard drive space. The thing is rare enough to be underlined: Snow Leopard takes up less space than Leopard, so you should get some precious GB on your hard drive after installation of the snow cat. Indeed, by eliminating resources for PowerPC, but also to a file compression systems, the snow cat is not lighter than its predecessor.

Leopard is much more improved than MAC OS X. Grand Central, which in turn distributes the load between the cores of your processor without headaches for the programmers, Open CL delegates some of calculations and operations interface to your graphics card or chipset. Snow Leopard, which works only on Intel processors, it's over. OS X Snow Finder embeds a very, very responsive. Presentation will convene immediately, as Quicklook, or manipulation of windows.

Developers and users confirm it that the power gain does not feel that in the applications built into the system. With Snow Leopard, when a direct connection fails in iChat (because a router does not route, for example) the connection goes automatically by AIM relay, allowing a much better chance of a successful connection. The video resolution of video-conferences and presentations is also improved.

It is was a common case in MAC OS X that Safari crashes when you add a plugin. Nothing is more frustrating than having one that Safari quits unexpectedly (with your 15 tabs open, of course) due to a Flash animation. This does not happen in Snow Leopard. Each plug-in is in his sandbox, and if plant stands Safari. Simply reload the page in question, the other open pages remain intact.

Dr. V Guest

In Snow leopard you will get H264 hardware decoding support for Quick-time. The new Quick-time Player, tip of the iceberg Quick-time, finally accesses the hardware capabilities of decoding the H.264 card nVidia GeForce 9400M, which will not only smoother playback of high-definition videos, but also release the processor for other tasks.