Thread: How to increase skip and replay intervals in Windows 7 Media Center?

How to increase skip and replay intervals in Windows 7 Media Center?

As i have using the Windows 7 which are having the Windows media center and my query is related to that only. When i am watching any video on the same at that when i skip the video or reply it work very slow. So i looking for How to increase skip and replay intervals in Windows 7 Media Center? So that i can increase the time of the media center reply and skip. Thank you

Re: How to increase skip and replay intervals in Windows 7 Media Center?

You can make that changes from the Registry Editor window. Just open the Registry Editor Window and the browse till "HKEY_CURRENT_ USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoSettings" and now on the right pane go to the "SkipAheadInterval" and double click on it. Now you will see the value already set for the same. Set the value to the same to the 60000 and OK same for the reply also just find the another entry with the 'InstantReplayInterval" and change the value of it to the 10000. Thats it.

This can be only perform with the Windows Registry Editor but it is not advisable as per the Microsoft privacy issue. But you can proceed at your own risk. So follow the given below steps and perform the same. Hope you will like it.
    1. Click on Start and type regedit in Search
    2. Now Click on the Registry Editor to open it
    3. Now navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_ USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Med ia Center\Settings\VideoSettings"
    4. After that fine the "SkipAheadInterval" in Right pane
    5. Double click on the same and change value to 60000
    6. Now look for the "InstantReplayInterval" in same
    7. And change it value to 10000
    8. Exit Window
    9. Restart Computer.
    10. And you are done

Dr. V Guest

Skip Forward Interval - Enter the number of milliseconds you want to skip forward when you press the skip button. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)

* Registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoSettings
    * Registry value - SkipAheadInterval
    * Registry value data type - REG_DWORD

Skip Back Interval - Enter the number of milliseconds you want to skip back when you press the replay button. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)

* Registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoSettings
    * Registry value - InstantReplayInterval
    * Registry value data type - REG_DWORD

I have gone through all your the steps that has been provided by you to manage the Registry entry for setting up the Windows Media Centers skip and reply interval and i have achieved the same. Your response for the query is appreciated. But having one more issue that i need to solve with the help of you. How to make Media Center to show the More Info panel while watching TV or DVD.

For that also you have to visit the Registry Editor window. Enter the number of milliseconds to show the More Info panel while watching TV or DVD. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds). navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoConstants
    Chane the value of the InfoBarTimeout. Registry value data type REG_DWORD