Thread: How to schedule disk cleanup in Windows 7?

How to schedule disk cleanup in Windows 7?

Hello Friends, I having an issue that i am unable to find solution. Actually i using the Windows 7 and having the disk cleanup for the same. I want to know How to schedule disk cleanup in Windows 7? so that i can schedule the clean up and organize computer utility. So help me with the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: How to schedule disk cleanup in Windows 7?

In the Windows 7 this can be performed with the Following method. Just open the task scheduler from the Windows 7 quick search and then go to the Action menu. After that name the task and give the description of the same and click on next. Select the type of the Schedule that you wish to occur. I have selected the Weekly. Now as i selected the weekly the have to select the time and day for the task. Now on the Action select the start program. And enter the cleanmgr.exe in the start program box which is Disk Clean up. Now click on finish and your computer is scheduled.

Hey thanks for quick response for setting up the Disk Clean up for the Windows 7 and i have gone through but got little only. As i am new for the Windows 7 so have less idea about the use of it. So if you will help me to know about the completed process in detail then it will be helpful for me to perform the same. Also let me know me whether any utility is available to perform the same.

For that just go through all the steps properly and perform the task schedule as per your need.

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on search and type task scheduler
    3. Now Click on Action menu from Task Scheduler Window
    4. Give name and description to the task and click on next
    5. Select the time of the task (i.e. Weekly)
    6. Now On next screen select the time of occurrence
    7. Now Click on Action and select the start the program
    8. In the start program enter cleanmgr.exe and click on next
    9. now Click on the Finish
    10. And you are done for setting up task.

Disk Cleanup is a convenient way to delete files you no longer need and free up hard disk space on your computer. Scheduling Disk Cleanup to run regularly can save you the trouble of having to remember to run it.

• Open Task Scheduler by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Task Scheduler.* Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the Action menu, and then click Create Basic Task. This opens the Create Basic Task Wizard.
    • Type a name for the task and an optional description, and then click Next.
    • To select a schedule based on the calendar, click Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or One time, and then click Next.
    • Specify the schedule you want to use, and then click Next.
    • Click Start a program, and then click Next.
    • Click Browse, type cleanmgr.exe in the File name box, click Open, and then click Next.
    • Click Finish.

You can also run the same with the help of the command prompt all you have to do is open the console from the Run and the on the command prompt type the command as given below.
    Code:
    cleanmgr.exe /sageset:1
    Now this will open the file which you want to delete. /sageset:1 will create the registry entry for the. Now create the task as you have created with the above one. This is the advance option for creating the task. At the time of entering the program script just enter the '/sageset:1' on the 'Add argument'. Thats it.

You don't have to use the utility for the Windows 7 as it is the best way to manege the files on then disk and free up some of the space occupied by the Windows 7 so go with the Windows 7 Disk Cleanup only. You can set the Clean up on any time as it is not right or wrong about the setting up the task. Thats all i have to say about it.