Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2010

How do i manually put my computer into hibernation

hi
i am mca student. I have just purchased home computer as well as i have installed windows xp operating system. Actually i want to my computer stay on hibernate mode but i don't know how it possible so any one help me suggest me that how do i manually put my computer into hibernation?
Old 16-02-2010
Dr. V

Re: How do i manually put my computer into hibernation

Hibernation is a concept which has in many computer operating system where the RAM data which mans random access memory which are storage to some separate partion like hard disk. Whenever the system is restated it also reloaded the memory and after that is restored to the state it was in when hibernation was invoked. We can easily hibernate the computer like we can manually be placed into hibernation into our system ,it totally on the configuration.
Old 16-02-2010

Your using windows xp operating system then you can also disable the hibernation from the system,firstly you need to go control panel and after that open power option the Power Options Properties dialog box, click the Hibernate tab. In that Hibernate tab,firstly clear the enable hibernation check box,click Apply, and then click OK. You can also check as disable mode. Basically To enable hibernation the hard disk must have sufficient free space to store all non-replaceable contents of RAM.
Old 16-02-2010

You can also manually keep the computer in hibernation,firstly go to the start menu after that Turn Off Computer dialog box, press the H key or any different way you ca also press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard, and then click Hibernate. As well as in windows xp professional on the domain shut down the computer then In the Shut Down Windows dialog box,from the What do you want the computer to do menu, select Hibernate, and then click OK.
Old 16-02-2010

That type of process are done in before the turn off the computer. I turn off the computer there are option which you can easily click h on keyboard then automatically put your computer into hibernation.Hibernate causes connections to other devices to terminate. As well as you want to disable it the you can go to power windows option in control panel.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,