Thread: Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights

Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights

I have recently upgraded my operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7. I am having a problem while installing Win Tweak Manager in my system. I always get the message saying "Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights" while installing this particular software. I am logged in the Admin account only and there is no other account in my system. So, I cannot understand why I am getting such messages in my system. I got the same message while installing many other softwares. All possible replies and suggestions are duly appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights

You are getting messages like Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights, since you may be trying to install the softwares that are incompatible to this operating system or platform. I suggest you to use the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system to check the applications, softwares and programs that are incompatible in Windows 7. You will have to check for their alternatives that are available in the market.

Dr. V Guest

The problem that "Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights" is not an incompatibility issue many a times. There are many security features in Windows 7 operating system because of which you keep getting such messages. To get rid of such problems, I suggest you to use the "Run as Administrator" option that you will get when you right-click the icon for the particular applications and programs.

Win Tweak Manager cannot be installed in Windows 7 operating system because of which you are getting problems like Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights. The system requirements for this software are as follows:
    Operating systems:
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows ME
    • Windows NT 3.x
    • Windows NT 4.x
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows XP

Other requirements:
    • Hard Disk: 10 MB free
    • RAM: 32 MB free

Hello there, the Admin account from which you are logged in may be the user account that you must have created in your system. There is a default Administrator account for the Windows operating systems. You will have to log into this account and make your account the computer administrator from the limited settings. This will help to solve the problem.

You will have to search for the compatibility tool for the softwares and applications that are giving messages like Windows 7 Error: You need Administrator rights. These tools have been released to solve such incompatibility problems that are there in the Windows 7 operating system. You will have to remember to install this tool before you install those softwares.