Thread: My CD-RW drive settings change with windows xp

My CD-RW drive settings change with windows xp

hi
    i used personal computer in my home for my personal usage. I have installed windows xp operating system. Actually in CD-RW drive i can edit the my setting of image file as well as write speed as well as ejection of CD but i don't know how the change setting of CD-RW drive in my operating system so anyone tell me that how do i CD-RW drive settings change with windows xp ?

Dr. V Guest

Re: My CD-RW drive settings change with windows xp

Microsoft windows xp operating system can change the setting of CD-R/RW drive like that enable of CD recording,it also setting of the location of the image data file as well as write the speed and ejecting of CDs after the writing. We can also called it CD rewritable disk. Where CD is a compact disc where capability of storing digital information. These type of disc is only read means which means that once the data has been recorded onto them,they can only be read,or played. The CD-RW is a type of drive and disks where you can treat it like floppy or hard disk,writing data onto it multiple times.
    Last edited by Dr. V; 14-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.

They can read CD-ROMs and can write onto today's CD-R disks,but they cannot write on normal CD-ROMs. If you are using Microsoft windows xp then you can also change the CD-RW drive settings. Many experts believe that CD-RW disks will be a popular storage medium until DVD devices become widely available. You can easily change the setting like open the my computer then from windows xp operating system go to the start menu and then my computer then click CD-RW drive. In file click properties after that click the Recording tab. Finally you can change the write speed as well as automatically ejecting the CD can be disabled.

The disks created with a CD-RW drive can only be read by a CD-RW drive. CD-RW drive is capable of functioning in Windows XP,If the drive is not on the Hardware Compatibility List then the drive may not work with the built-in CD copying functionality, regardless of this registry setting.Read/Write is also an attribute that can be given to files and directories that allows the files to be read from and written to.CD-RW drive is able to function in windows xp operating system and for some reason has been misidentified. If the drive is not on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), the drive may not work with the built-in CD copying functionality, regardless of this registry setting.
    Last edited by jesse; 14-02-2010 at 12:22 AM.

CD-RW has the capability of being written to at least one thousand times. In that system you can read as well as write from many times. In setting system you can change the setting of image file as well as write speed,ejecting the CD. So if you want to go in setting option then in start menu click my computer then click the CD-RW drive after that in properties dialog box then click recording tab. After that you can change modify the setting then again in my computer window from the menu finally close.