Thread: Clean Install Mac OS X 10.6

Clean Install Mac OS X 10.6

Hello,

Within a few days I'll get my MBPro inflated to block, but I want to format it entirely on his arrival in order to customize the installation. I have remove all languages except English, all printer drivers, rosetta, quicktime7 etc etc ... The problem is: I read everywhere on the net than the old option "Clean install" this on the Leopard DVD is no longer on the installation DVD of Snow Leopard. How do I do to format my HDD to install the proper v10.6? (without removing the mac and put the hdd in external media) I also read on the net when you boot on the snow leopard dvd, there is an option "Disk Utilities to format. Is this true? This will then allow me to boot the DVD and launch my personal installation.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Re: Clean Install Mac OS X 10.6

I think there was some confusion. The "Format and install" has been moved to the disk utility to avoid any mistake on the part of a user in a hurry. It is perfectly possible to do a clean install of Snow Leopard.

Small note: the English language is installed in all cases in Mac OS X, it is not possible without it, you can not decide you not to keep.

For now, I strongly advise keeping Quicktime 7, and Rosetta: It takes only little space, and we will be glad to have the day when we need it ...

For the rest, actually "Disk Utility" is the "Disk Utility", accessible by booting the installation DVD, which can erase the internal hard drive before installing Snow Leopard.

Refer to following thread and see if it helps you in some way:

Snow Leopard clean install and Time Machine
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

The key to doing a clean install with the Snow Leopard upgrade DVD is to let the Snow Leopard installer do the hard drive erase.
    1. Boot from the Snow Leopard Install DVD.
    2. Erase the hard drive.
    3. Install Snow Leopard on the erased hard drive.