Thread: Mac Error : Permissions differ on system library

Mac Error : Permissions differ on system library

Hi,

Few days back, I had upgrade to ITunes and after that I started receiving mac error : Permissions differ on system library. I never had this problem before. I use the combo updates. I'm still getting the following after repairing permissions, but my laptop works fine! I use a Mac Pro, the system 10.4.117 . Everything works fine, but would like to get rid of this problem?

PHP Code:
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/BlackAndWhiteEffect.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources"should be -rw-r–r– they are lrw-r–r– .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/CubeTransition.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources"should be -rw-r–r– they are lrw-r–r– .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/DissolveTransition.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources"should be -rw-r–r– they are lrw-r–r– .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/DropletTransition.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources"should be -rw-r–r– they are lrw-r–r– .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/FadeThroughBlackTransition.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources"should be -rw-r–r– they are lrw-r–r– .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/FlipTransition.IAPlugin 

Re: Mac Error : Permissions differ on system library

It may be due to installers of application Applications folder, the installer for an application is set the permissions of the files installed incorrectly. Possible symptoms include the appearance of the application on the desktop in the form of question and / or the inability to connect the computer to the Internet. It is also possible that software installed by a user is not accessible to the rest. To avoid this, make sure you are logged in with your regular user account.

In Mac OS X, the superuser "root" is created when installing the system. The root user has full access to all files and folders on your computer, and, unlike a normal user, provides additional administrative access. For daily use of equipment is not necessary to go as root (in fact, remains disabled by default).

The file system can be affected by an interruption (improper shutdown) or because your computer may stop responding (get "hung up). It is possible that both conditions affect the permits. Many applications can be executed by a single user only, you have access an access permissions to that files. For example, the backups are made will not include files from Mac OS X user with root as owner.

The folders that do not have write permissions can be left in the Trash, but not allowed to delete the folder or the files it contains. Remember that in Mac OS X more than one bin, one for each user. There are also bins for the boot volume and other volumes and disks. These folders are called. "Trash" and hidden from the user in the Finder. In these cases you can start up in Mac OS 9 to search for and delete files or use the Terminal application.

You can use Finder to view and change the permissions settings for certain files and folders. But you can only change those permissions for files and folders that you have created. To view and make changes to the Finder window:

1. Select a file or folder in the Finder.

2. On the File menu choose Show.

3. In the information menu select Privileges.

4. Make changes.

5. If you make changes to a folder and want to apply to all files and folders contained in it, click Apply.