Thread: Lenovo desktop not booting from Windows 7 installation Disc

Lenovo desktop not booting from Windows 7 installation Disc

I am having the Lenovo IdeaCentre A600 all in one desktop which comes preloaded with the Windows Vista operating system. Now i want to install the Windows 7 operating system in this desktop computer system. So, I have the Windows 7 installation disc, But when i am trying to install the Windows 7 operating system using the installation disc then the system is simply not booting from the Windows 7 operating system installation disc. So i want to say that, Lenovo desktop not booting from Windows 7 installation disc.

Re: Lenovo desktop not booting from Windows 7 installation Disc

You are having the Lenovo IdeaCentre A600 all in one desktop computer which is currently having the Windows Vista operating system and you want to upgrade the operating system of this computer system from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 operating system but you are not able to do it because the system is not booting from the Windows 7 installation disc that you are having. There can be many reason for getting this issue. first of all make sure that the disc you are having is proper bootable disc.

If you are using the pirated installation disc of the Windows 7 operating system in your computer system then i think this issue can arise. I will advice you that you should use the licensed copy of the windows7 operating system in your desktop computer. If you will use the pirated copy then it can damage your system. Purchase the licensed copy of the windows 7 operating system from any leading computer retail shop.

Your Lenovo IdeaCentre A600 all in one desktop is not booting from Windows 7 installation Disc that you have when you are inserting in the system. So i think there is some settings issue of the boot devices of your computer system. I will advice you first that make sure that this disc is bootable. You can check it in the other computer system. If other system is booting from this disc then the disc is proper if not then this disc is not proper or it is damaged.

I think this issue you are getting because of the BIOS boot device setting. You have not set the first boot device as the DVD Rom of your computer system that is why the system is not able to boot from the Windows 7 installation disc. So you will have to set the first boot device of your system as the DVD Rom. then this issue will be resolved. After that you will be able to install the Windows 7 operating system properly in the Lenovo IdeaCentre A600 all in one desktop.

If you have already set the first boot device of your computer system as the DVD Rom of your computer system then also the system is not booting from the Windows 7 operating system installation disc then may be the installation disc is totally damaged or the DVD Rom is not able to read the disc. I think the lens of the DVD Rom is damaged that is why it is not able to read the Windows 7 installation disc.