Thread: Your power plan information isn't available

Your power plan information isn't available

Hello, I am looking for a way that will help me for the problem i am getting with the power setting that i am trying to do and getting red marked error Your power plan information isn't available in the power option. As i am trying to make the display turn on or off. So if you have idea about the same then let me know the solution of it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Your power plan information isn't available

This happens when the registry key of the power setting has been got corrupted so that the power option is not be able to detect the power configuration. So go to the registry editor window and see the registry entry for the power setting if it is changed then change it back to the default one. I hope this will start working with the problem you are getting.

Check for the system configuration setting and repair the operating system to its default setting. you can perform that with the 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt so that it will run to the Windows and check for the problem and let you know about the problem that is creating the problem in the system. but make sure that you are running as the Administrator without which this will not allow the system to perform the sfc /scannow task.

Hey thanks for the help of your that you have given me for the working of the power plan option. But the problem is that i am unable to make the changes in the Registry as i am not getting the power plan setting. I have never been in the registry editor so please explain me the complete detail about getting into the same and also the changes that i have to make.

I am explaining the compete detail about the getting into the Registry Editor and make the possible changes to work with the power setting on it. Just go through the below given step so that you can achieve the same.
    • Click on Start
    • And open the Run Box
    • Type regedit on it and hit enter key
    • Now on the Registry window navigate HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\power\powersettings
    • Make the default change in the entry.
    • Thats it

To determine whether the issue that you are experiencing is caused by one or more system files that are used by Windows Vista, run the System File Checker tool. The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:
    • Click Start and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
    • At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER:
    • sfc /scannow