Thread: Laptop freezed on blue screen

Laptop freezed on blue screen

Recently i bought a new Acer laptop which looked fine and i am using it from the last two months. As my laptop is having windows vista on it, i downloaded and installed AVG antivirus to protect my laptop from the viruses. When i installed it on my laptop it asked me to restart laptop, i did the same and when it restarted and came back, it said to launch startup repair and i pressed it but nothing happened. I pressed to start windows normally. And when i pressed to start windows normally it went to blue screen and said that a problem is detected. I am in a big trouble i don't know what to do.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Laptop freezed on blue screen

There should be a good solution for your query, but what i did when i faced the blue screen problem on my laptop. I did two possible things which helped me to recover my laptop. If you can remove the battery of your laptop then remove it and plug it into the power adapter, if it works and the power is on then connect to the acer official website and download the latest BIOS v3.10 and install it on your laptop. This could help you out.

I think your machine is infected by any kind of virus which is affecting you laptop and creating a startup problem. The best thing is to re-install your operating system. This can be done by using your vista disc. Just place it into the cd rom and let your laptop begin the installation process. If it continues then your system would be recovered from the problemf which you are facing.

If you can then you should try going into the safe mode, this is done during the startup of your laptop, you just keep on pressing f8 button during the startup untill a black screen comes on the screen. There you will find an option for safemode. Select the option and try to login, if you can then go to the antivirus which you have on you laptop and re-scan your system. This method should help you to bring your laptop normal.

From my side there could be two things which can cause this kind of problem, either it might be the graphics card or the screen itself. The only way to get rid from this problem, you need to call the tech support form the Acer department, they can help you to solve this problem. You can ask them to replace the graphics card or the screen. I would recommend you that you say them that your graphics card is busted. By sayign this issue they will bring new card for your laptop.