Thread: Stopping disc scanning of Windows disc

Stopping disc scanning of Windows disc

Hi,
    Whenever I insert my Windows bootable disc to perform a repair it scans unnecessarily my hard drive and crashes down. I think if I manage to stop this I can install windows. Here what happen my computer is not working so great. It takes a long time to start and shut down due to which I have to do this. I don't want to format this system just repair. I also want a very basic answer of creating an album in Windows XP.

Re: Stoping disc scanning of Windows disc

By default, Windows XP, when a CD or DVD is inserted into the drive, a disk scan is performed and an action window appears automatically. If you want to disable that this is the procedure. Double click My Computer on your desktop. Make a click with the right mouse button on your CD or DVD. Now click on Properties. Click the AutoPlay tab. And now for each type of content click on Do Nothing.

It is possible to hide all desktop icons at once. This is a nice little trick and useful for example to prevent children click around on the desktop. It consist to hide all desktop icons. First right click on the desktop, Arrange Icons option simply uncheck Show Desktop Icons. And these are the desktop icons have disappeared. Do the same way for them to reappear.

On some machines, the paging file in Windows XP tends to widen even lead to a slowdown in the PC. To clear the swap at each stop of the system, here's a handy little trick. For that click on run and then type regedit. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session Manager / Memory Management and then double click on surClearPageFileAtShutdown. Set the value to 1. Reboot your system.

Dr. V Guest

As the time passes on your Windows become unstable due to lots of buggy software, virus, etc. The way to fix is to run system restore once a week so that your default settings are restored eliminating the changes made by the software. The other thing you can do is to run a registry repair tool so that your invalid keys are repaired and your system performance is thus improved.

It is right that Windows XP can easily create a photo album using a predefined template. To do that Click Start > My Pictures. Create a new folder in it and then click the right button mouse on the folder you just created and click Properties. Now select the photo album tab Customize Use this folder type as template. Here you have done. Your album is now created.