Thread: What is the impact of Google chrome OS on Linux desktop?

What is the impact of Google chrome OS on Linux desktop?

As per my knowledge development of Linux is the ultimate goal to bring people to a perfect desktop (Desktop ), for work and entertainment, the other things are secondary. This point was definitely a little bit, but now had to say. Why? Google is how to use the Linux It? There is no longer telling about the past. Google believes that now the operating system are on the Internet Web Prior to the product of the times, should be Web Customize a new world system. So there has to be some impacts of Google chrome on the Linux desktop I want discuss that issue on this forum.

Re: What is the impact of Google chrome OS on Linux desktop?

First Chrome Browser, after its Chrome OS (Operating system) was thrown out come. The idea is good. However, Chrome OS What is people against it? Its user base, what is it? This is the first wants to understand. Google said to myself, there is a person “nearly everything "(" Almost everything " ) Should be conducted online, Chrome OS That is designed for them. Remark is not bad. However, the actual situation is not so simple.

According to me the future, with the Internet, with cloud computing, what seems to have become Web Service. To hold this in mind, Google is a classic. The idea of too absolute. In contrast, Microsoft is not so sure. Microsoft believes that in the future, not the SaaS but S + S (Software plus services). I support Microsoft's argument.

Linux from Unix Desktop simulation

Linux from Unix Desktop simulation of large-scale systems, multi-tasking, multi-user. From the nature point of view, Linux Otherwise not suitable for individual users. After nearly 20 Years of hard work, so far, Linux Desktop has gradually come into vogue, for example, Ubuntu Desktop. This is a historical mainstream of development. Another 20 Years, the situation will be clearer.

In fact, Google Chrome OS Only Linux Of a fork, rather than Linux The mainstream, but also resulted in pairs of Linux The impact of the mainstream (or weakened). Currently, the international Linux Core development team is very active, results and frequent. Office suite GNOME and KDE The new version is coming soon.

I have at the moment is to use Ubuntu Remix 9.10 ( Live USB). I know it will soon become the past, Remix 10.04 , Remix 10.10 will forever be coming? Ubuntu The purpose is to give mankind a gift: the perfect desktop, while the Chrome Os Has obvious commercial purposes (to expand their customer base), a stink of money. Who will save the Linux? Is a grass-roots people, rather than the (Google) moneybags. t is said that tomorrow Google Chrome OS ( beta Version) will soon release, let us wait and see.