Thread: How to clean applications from MAC

How to clean applications from MAC

Hi,
    I had found lots of not needed application on the dock of my mac computer. The problem is that I want to remove them all at once. I am not so expert in this. The best way for me is to remove all the applications and then put those back only which I needed. What is the best way of doing this. Does I should re-install MAC or there is any third party software for the same.

Re: How to clean applications from MAC

The folder Preferences located in Users / Library also has the unfortunate tendency to swell over the many facilities / uninstall / reinstall software. So that this issue becomes a catch-all that require fact, a good sweep time to time. It is sometimes useful to have a look in that folder and delete unnecessary files manually.

First delete the preference files belonging to application no longer exists on your hard drive. Remove also those belonging to old versions of applications updates on your hard drive. Check that you are much more useful. Some have been created following a simple operation, you will no longer have to reproduce.This can be a easiest way for you to clean up the mess.

Dr. V Guest

It is useful sometimes to throw all the preferences related to an application, if you notice that it sometimes leaves unexpectedly or behave weird. It may in fact that / the file application preferences is / are corrupt and uses a malfunction of the application related. Turn then / the file preferences of this application to the Trash and restart the application.

TinkerTool System is a maintenance tool for professional Mac OS X. It provides access to many settings such as disable the system sound to the lighting of the computer protection system preference by a password, etc. It also offers several maintenance tools such as checking the integrity of the preference files, optimizing system performance or removal of unused packages.

If you have lots of unnecessary application on you dock then you can use AppCleaner. It is a simple tool which can help you to remove all your files and uninstalling application safely from your mac computer. Here you does need to go in any settings and change things. Just run the software. A free version of the software is available you can download the same and try it.