Thread: How to Reset Acer 4736Z Laptop

How to Reset Acer 4736Z Laptop

I have purchased a Acer 4736Z last 6 months before. Due to virus issue it was working extremely slow. I was thinking to restore my laptops factory settings. But the problem is that I does have a recovery disk. And the recover manager is also not working. How to restore Acer 4736Z factory settings. My laptop has crashed many times due to BSOD. I think restoring the factory settings can improved it.

Re: How to Reset Acer 4736Z Laptop

You can use Acer Recovery Manager. It is the quickest way to restore your computer factory settings. If you run the software it will restore your laptop to the default factory settings. If you can boot your computer in safe then click on Start > All programs > Acer Empowering Technology > Acer eRecovery Management. In the Window choose recovery and then click on Next.

You can create a recovery boot up disc by using the Recovery manager. Just run it and then copy the image file in a CD. You can see a option burn to disc or create recovery cd in the software. Once a disc is created then you can just boot your computer from the disc. It will restore the system and you use it for future use also.

Dr. V Guest

It is possible to create a backup image of the current system. The image fill will copy the entire system configuration on a disc and that can be restored easily. You have to create a full backup disc before running the recovery. If your system fine then you can do this process. Or either you can boot from Windows disc and press R on the startup.

You can download the bootable recovery disc from the official site of Acer. The disc can be downloaded the same can be used for recovery. That will be a easier option. If you have deleted the recovery partition then it is not possible to restore that back again. You have to do fresh installation by Windows disc.

If you have virus in your computer do one thing. Format your computer by windows bootable disc. Install fresh windows. Before that better go on acer site and download the latest drivers for the same. Once you get them you can run the installation. Otherwise some of the hardware might not work properly.