Thread: How to perform MAC Routine Maintenance

How to perform MAC Routine Maintenance

Hi,
    Can someone tell what should I do to perform routing maintenance in MAC. What are the best things to do here. What happened in my case is that I have a MAC system which works a bit slow when I surf internet or voice chat with someone. I had found that some videos and audios take long time to responds. So a friend suggested me to perform routine maintenance of the computer in order to make it stable. What can be done here.

Re: How to perform MAC Routine Maintenance

For settings routine maintenance, you will obviously not need to use any software / commands or even all the features of Onyx or other utilities. I suggest you just run occasionally like for example once a week for example two routine operations. They are the 3 maintenance scripts and a repair permissions. This two is enough for your system to improve its performance.

Running these routine operations is not necessarily always essential, but better in my opinion on a regular basis. Indeed, it is not always easy for the user to know precisely when it is indispensable to launch such small operations. I am doing the once a week. This helps me to clear up unnecessary files and the changes that are made in the computer by other applications are restored.

Dr. V Guest

Running any maintenance operations can in no way affect your Mac and at least you are sure you have a Mac in good shape. Make it a habit to run these operations on a regular and then your Mac will run like clockwork. Onyx has a function Automation that allows you to run the above 2 major operations combined with a simple click. No need to break his head to properly maintain its system OS X.

Of course you can also launch these operations manually or with Onyx or with other software maintenance of your choice, because all these operations offer routine. This will be a simpler choice if you are not so familiar with your computer. Because many a times it is not easy to run scripts or repair permission manually. All those are done by any maintenance software much easily.

As suggested by Apple itself that using the usual repair permissions automatically after each system update or after installing new software. Satisfy you these simple routine operations and everything should go smoothly. However, if your system starts to show signs of failure or slowdown, then you can perform maintenance / repair using additional controls / software's. In this case, I advise you initially to clean the system and user caches.