Thread: Cobian Backup 10.0.0.264 not able to work under Windows 7

Cobian Backup 10.0.0.264 not able to work under Windows 7

Hello. I have been using a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 as the operating system. I have downloaded a application program that is Cobian Backup 10.0.0.264 for creating backup files for my system in order to perform a format to it. But the thing is that the application is not working well. i do not know why? It was working fine with Windows Xp but as i upgraded the system it is not able to from then. Please help.

There could be a possibility that the application you have had downloaded may have been appended with certain issues. So it is quite advisable that you need to check for the installed application. It could be that the software has bug issues and hence you are now not able to work out with the same after upgradation. So check out for the thing. Hope it may let to get to a conclusion.

You need to reformat the system. This is because you have upgraded the system. As you have upgraded it there might be certain files that has not been initialized. It need to be done. You need to run a clean install of windows 7 operating system. So check out by formatting the system and then installing the Windows 7 operating system to the same. It may then not give you any issue.

Dr. V Guest

It could be that the application is not able to cope with the operating system. So it is advisable that you try to install a compatibility tools for Windows Xp or Vista under Windows 7 in order to make the things to work out for you. Install the tools from the compatibility center. This will then help you out in making the things to work in a better and proper manner.

Try to perform a re-installation process. It should help you out. You can do it by following the process as below:

1) Go to the start button and then click on it.
    2) Open the control panel option.
    3) Now as it is been done open the add/remove application.
    4) Select the application that you need to remove.
    5) Then after it is been done restart the system and then install the application again.

Run the system under safe mode option. This will enable the things to work well. It could be that the system is not able to work with the same as Windows highly sophisticated features may not allow the same to work with it. So check out for the thing it should thus help you out. As safe mode do not have advanced features it can easily make the applications to work out.