Thread: Problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7

Problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7

DVD Device Lock is a software that used to work fine in Windows Vista, that I was using previously. This software helped to hide or restrict access to removable media devices such as CD, DVD, floppy, flash and USB drives, and deny access to partitions of the hard disk drives. But, after upgradation there are problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7. I cannot understand why, since there were no problems while installing the software.

Re: Problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7

If there are problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7, then you may have installed an old version of the software. Such incompatibility issues are seen with the older versions of the softwares only, since they are not made such that they should support the Windows 7 platform. So, I suggest you to upgrade the software or download the latest version of the same. This will probably solve the problem.

I suggest you to have a look at the operating systems that are supported by DVD Device Lock:
    • Windows 98
    • Windows ME
    • Windows NT 3.x
    • Windows NT 4.x
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 2003
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Windows Vista Business x64
    • Windows Vista Enterprise
    • Windows Vista Enterprise x64
    • Windows Vista Home Basic
    • Windows Vista Home Basic x64
    • Windows Vista Home Premium
    • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
    • Windows Vista Starter
    • Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows Vista Ultimate x64

As you can see that it is not shown that DVD Device Lock supports Windows 7 or not. This may be reason why you are having problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7.

If there are problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7, then I suggest you to use the hardware and software evaluation too to confirm that this is an incompatibility issue or not. If this tool lists that it is incompatible, then there are no options left. You will have to search the internet for the alternatives available. If it is shown as compatible, then reinstalling the software will solve the problem.

An installation error must have occurred because of which you are encountering problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7. This happens when you run other applications in the background along with the installation process. This is why it is always recommended before beginning the installation process to quit all the applications and programs. So, I suggest you to uninstall the software and then, restart the system. After that reinstall the same and make sure that no other applications and programs are running in the background.

The problems of DVD Device Lock in Windows 7 may not be an incompatibility issue. There are many security features in Windows 7 operating system. This may be the reason you may be getting some errors or problems. Use the "Run as Administrator" option, since it forces the applications and programs in the system to execute forcefully. I can assure you that this technique works, since I am using the same method to solve such problems in my system with Windows 7.