Thread: Need Email Client For Linux

Need Email Client For Linux

Hi all,

I am using Linux OS. But I did not find any good e mail client for Linux. I am using my hosting service Webmail interfaces that allow me to access my mail with my standard web browser, but I find it is little slow and very hectic to use. Please suggest some good email client for linux. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

You can use Mozilla Thunderbird. It is an e-mail and news cross-platform client software package by Mozilla Foundation. Thunderbird can run multiple e-mail, newsgroup and RSS accounts and supports multiple identities inside accounts. Characteristic like quick search, saved search folders , advanced message filtering, message grouping, brand help manage and find messages. Just like Firefox, the loads of extensions and themes for this client create it very safe and supple to improve your productivity.

I am using Claws Mai for my linux OS. It is a free, GTK+-based, open source email and news client. It is very light frivolous. similar to Firefox , the broad variety of plug-ins for this email client makes it very supple and protected. Claws Mail also runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix-like systems. If you found more information reply me. Best of luck.

You can also use Spicebird that is a teamwork client, offer integrated access to email, contacts, calendaring and instant messaging in a single application. It offers easy access to a variety of web services as retaining all the compensation of a desktop application. It is urbanized by an Indian company called Synovel. It is a free, open source and cross-platform software. Use this and reply.

My company is using Zimbra that is a client and server platform for messaging and collaboration. The web client integrates email, contacts, VoIP, and online document authoring in a wealthy browser-based interface. This is additional like MS-Exchange and Outlook combo. In other words it is well-matched with proprietary clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail, together from side to side proprietary connectors, in addition to the open-source Novell Evolution, so that mail, contacts, and calendar items can be synchronized from these to the ZCS server. It also offers inhabitant two-way sync to many mobile devices such as Nokia, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone with 2.0 software. Check that and reply.

Re: Need Email Client For Linux

You can also use Mozilla SeaMonkey that is an all-in-one Internet application suite that contain an Internet browser, email and newsgroup client, HTML editor, IRC chat, and web development tools. It takes in a pop-up blocker, junk mail controls, and a tabbed interface. You can also use Evolution clcint that provides integrated mail, address book and calendaring functionality to client of the GNOME desktop. Check and reply.