Thread: Problem with Acer Aspire 6920 audio driver

Problem with Acer Aspire 6920 audio driver

Hello guys,

If anyone really have the audio driver of acer aspire 6920 please upload it here, and it has been 3 weeks that i have changed the operating system to windows 7 from vista home premium. But Windows 7 Ultimate with sound working really wired , the truth is sometimes i heard audio and sometimes not, please give me your ideas and also help me to search the right driver to make it work proper. Thanking you..

Re: Problem with Acer Aspire 6920 audio driver

Vista drivers works very well in windows 7, can you tell me which version of driver you did install? have you checked acer website for latest updates? since i think its few months are passed to the windows 7 release, you must get the driver for windows 7 from acer. but vista driver works very well.

Did vista was working fine with those drivers? it may be coz of your speakers are in fault. Because as you said sometimes you gets audio and sometimes you don't gets, it happens because of device faulty also. I'll advice to give your laptop in service and see what result comes out.

I was having same problem when i did install the windows 7 and problem got solve by installing windows7 codecs, yes it was issue with my codecs i did installed the old version codes in windows 7 and after upgrading to latest codecs problem got solved. You also try same might be its same issue with you/

Try out compatibility mode, most of the vista drivers works very well in windows 7 and if they doesn't works then just install them via compatibility mode of windows 7. Locate the setup.exe of your audio driver and right click on it and choose compatibility mode and select windows vista or windows xp to install drivers. It should work, as this trick always works for me.

Go to http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx

and navigate to your notebook mode to download all its drivers.

I have located the audio driver for you, click on this link to download: Acer Aspire 6920 Realtek Driver

Hope this helps.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"