Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu installation black screen failure

Operating Systems

Old 06-02-2010

Ubuntu installation black screen failure

Hello everyone, is that I tried to install ubuntu (the last one came out) and when booting from the CD, change the language, I give to install ubuntu and after leaving the icon I have the black screen with the pointer in the middle.

You know what should and what can I do?

A greeting and thank you very much.

Old 06-02-2010

Re: Ubuntu installation black screen failure

If the blank screen issue occurred relatively recently, you may be able to pinpoint which change caused it. Review your /var/log/dpkg.log from between the last time you did *not* notice it, and when you did.

You may find that the earlier versions mentioned of the packages listed as changed in the dpkg.log are still present in /var/cache/apt/archives/. You can revert to an earlier version via:

Quote:
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/<package>.deb
If you narrow it to a specific deb, report the blank screen error against that package. (Which could be X, the kernel, usplash, or some other component.)

Source: ubuntu.com
Old 06-02-2010

Code:
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
Add other sources to its list of APT and GPG key import through the terminal with wget and apt-key add. if using proprietary drivers, use the tool supplied with it xconfig to configure the X server
Old 06-02-2010

I have the same issue with xubuntu, The fix this was easy, I started from safe graphics mode (second option in the boot menu) and go.

Once inside and format the computer and installed Xubuntu without problems. I rebooted and everything right.
Old 06-02-2010

Ben there must be that you manage to launch a console (either with ctrl alt f1) or in graphical mode. If you can boot from a live CD (like Knoppix) to repair your linux without having to reinstall , But if you install linux withth alternate e cd, is it work?

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,