Thread: Running 64 bit program on a 32 bit vista

Running 64 bit program on a 32 bit vista

I do not know much about it bit can I run 64-bit programs on a 32-bit system. Due to this will it generate a new problem in the system. How can I find programs and devices that work with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. One thing that generate a sound that If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices. How do I install Windows 7 and what is the difference between the Upgrade and Custom installation.

Re: Running 64 bit program on a 32 bit vista

Device drivers premeditated for the 64-bit version of Windows do not work on computers running a 32-bit version of Windows. You can learn how to check for the drivers, you have to see the update of the driver of the hardware if it is not working correctly. You have to check this on the device manufacturer's website. You can also get information in sequence about drivers by going to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor web page. there you can get more information in sequence about 32- and 64-bit Windows.

If you want to search for the programs and devices that work with Windows 7, you have to see for the products that display the "Companionable with Windows 7" logo. This has been tested to be companionable with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. You can also check this by online. Hardware and software manufacturers persist or maintain to update this information in , so check back often.

Yes, if you want to work on the hardware devices necessitate 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. As the above reply you may no that the drivers premeditated for 32-bit versions of Windows do not work on the system running 64-bit versions of Windows. You can take the information from the person you are buying the system.

Dr. V Guest

If you want to upgrade means you can install Windows 7 by basically introducing the Windows 7 upgrade software into your PC's DVD drive and follow the instructions on your screen. While you are not essential to backup and reinstall your files, or reinstall your programs, if you want to upgrade any software in you system then it may be a very good idea. Before doing this you have to know the better knowledge of the software. So that the data like your files, settings, and programs will not be transferred to Windows 7.

dunnryan Guest

You can't run 64bit apps on a 32bit system, you can do it the other way round, 32 bit apps on 64.... And you will need 64 bit drivers when running a 64 bit Version of Windows. However 64 is not yet that much faster, I would only recommend it if you have 4GB of RAM or more.