Thread: How to add Custom Sound Alerts in MAC

How to add Custom Sound Alerts in MAC

Hi,
    I am using a MAC computer. I want to know how to add up customize sound alerts in a MAC computer. Like the alert sound where I want my music to play on it. The issue is that the default sound in iCal task are not so good. I have seen some software's for the same. But does not give much features. What you recommend for the same.

Re: How to add Custom Sound Alerts in MAC

It is quite possible to add custom sound alert in Mac OS X.Firstly, you must know that unlike Mac OS 9, which used sound system in a proprietary format (the. Sfil), the sounds used in Mac OS X are in AIFF. Mac OS X is a multiuser system, it is usually possible to make changes or to his personal account or to the entire system, these changes will then be available for all users. For this reason there are two main possibilities to store sounds.

There are four default folders for sounds in Mac OS X. To add sound system when you connect in a particular identity, we must add the Sounds folder located in the Library folder in your home folder. The folder named sound. To add sound system at any computer that is the folder sound system. Both folders are reserved for audio creation applications.

Once you added your own sounds in the default folder then do to this in case of errors go to system preferences, and display the Sound control panel represented by a speaker, and choose the sound you want from the list provided. It is also possible to add a custom sound in applications that support this feature in iChat, for example Add a personal in iChat.

It is so easy to customize the sound environment of Mac OS X, you can easily add their creations sound or voice recordings (you can record sounds using QuickTime Pro audio software which) to talk to the Mac a familiar voice, to announce events such as iCal, or simply be informed that we received an e-mail, etc.

I am using a ready-made software for the same. Instead of playing with the system folders this looks a bit easy. The name of software is Garageband. It it used for sound editing and customizing the sound alerts of mac system. You can just simply locate the sound file which you want edit and assign the for the part which is needed. It does everything on it own.